Friday 15 November 2013

Health Update :)

Hi everyone,

I know many of you are patiently waiting for news on how I am and how my chemotherapy treatments went. I finished my last round, 8/8 at the end of Sept.  I then had a CT scan done a few weeks ago, and went for my follow-up with my doctor yesterday.

And I am happy to report that it's very good news.  I have started my remission, a "good remission" as my doctor calls it, but not a full remission just yet.  The chemotherapy did its job well and most of my lymph nodes were significantly reduced.  There are a few still lingering, but they are small, and the chemo is technically still working away at them.
I now begin the maintenance stage, where I go every 3 months for 2 years to get Rituximab, which is an anti body to help my immune system push me further into remission and keep me there longer. In 6 months we check to see if anything is growing again..and go from there.
Though my cancer is hard to cure, it is manageable. And along with the medicine science has brought, and the health care regime my husband devised for me, I am positive that my health will only get better.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to put me in their thoughts and prayers.   To my close friends and family who helped with the day to day.  I couldn't have done it without you.
And above all, to my husband, who took the time to create a system of whole health for me. Without you, I am certain I would have had a completely different cancer journey, and for this, words will never be able to express my love and gratitude.

Let's move on with life, shall we?  xo

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful news! A true birthday gift to you and Marc this year ... me too.

    ReplyDelete